If you like high quality, no-nonsense, simple technologies that do what they say on the packet, this is for you. The versatile Cobb oven uses a small amount of charcoal to provide up to 2+ hours of oven heat effortlessly and evenly distributed through the domed oven. Clever design features mean the base stays cool to the touch throughout allowing you to use it on a wooden table; and a ‘moat’ in which you can roast veg or make the gravy. The moat cleverly catches any run off juices from meat.
The manufacturers recommend using briquettes or their custom-made ‘Cobble Stones’ (made from bamboo). Both are great for long steady heat (2 – 2.5 hours from one Cobble Stone) and easy. We also tried it with natural Dorset charcoal, and to our surprise the heat was even more intense (the oven reached 220C within 15 minutes), though not as long-lived as the cobble (but still nearly 2 hours).
What do Wild Stoves think?
Strikingly good quality, sturdy stainless steel construction, this oven outperformed all our expectations at Wild Stoves, and has become a regular feature of outdoor cooking when only roasting and baking will do.
We’ve used ours for baking bread and roasting a chicken with trimmings, both with great – and delicious – success.
What’s in the box?
The basic Cobb Oven and Carry Bag. Select options to add other products.
Comes with a two year guarantee.
See Specifications tab for further details.
Cobb Cobblestones (6 pieces)
Cobb Roasting Rack – The fenced Cobb roasting rack enables you to roast meats without the need for turning.
- Safe and economical
- Complete ignition of Cobblestone in 2 minutes
- Ready to cook in 5 minutes
- Built in firelighter
- Made from coconut husk
- One Cobblestone gives up to 2 hours cooking time if used in a Cobb
- Burns hotter and longer than conventional wood charcoal
- After 2 minutes of ignition is smoke free
- Carbon Monoxide hazard
- Never ignite and use indoors
- Store in a cool dry space away from other inflammable products
- Use at a safe distance from inflammable products
- After cooking remove the dome and grill plate to allow the Cobblestone to burn out away from children & animals
- Be sure the ashes are completely burnt out before discarding in refuse bin away from children & animals