Posh Baked Beans
A filling British breakfast of soya and potato baked with three types of beans in a tomato sauce.
‘The Vegan Breakfast Club. They always say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, which is why we pack our vegan breakfast with protein-filled soya. Mixed in a dark and sticky tomato sauce, we add crisp potatoes and three kinds of beans. This is finished with the heat of tabasco and a zing of fresh ginger, creating a warming, delicately sweet morning treat. When you’re tucked into a sleeping bag on a cold mountain, this hearty breakfast is the best reason we can think of to get up.’
How do you prepare Firepot Food pouches?
You just add boiling water! The two types of packaging require slightly different approaches.
- Meals in the brown 100% compostable packaging need to be emptied into a pot for rehydration. To rehydrate, add water, bring to the boil and leave to stand. Do not try to rehydrate in the brown packs, as they’ll start breaking down immediately!
- Meals in the yellow foil packaging can be rehydrated directly. Simply open the pouch, add boiling water up to the mark, give it a stir and leave to stand.
Firepot Food: Tasty, ethical, dehydrated meals from Dorset
Firepot food is quite simply the best dehydrated food we’ve ever tasted. Moreover, it challenges pre-conceptions about how dehydrated backpacking food is made, what ingredients go into it and even how it’s packaged.
Firepot Food is:
- hand-cooked by chefs in small batches
- made from 100% natural ingredients (many of which are local)
- dehydrated after cooking, not freeze-dried
- available in fully compostable packaging
- free from palm oil & artificial additives, and is lactose free.
Although we’re really into eating wild and hiking simply, sometimes it’s great to have a wholesome meal with you on a long hike which requires nothing but boiling water. This is why we are so delighted to have Firepot pouch food on our shelves. Firepot is a company that shares our ethos, and is based a few miles from our office – fuelling expeditions the world over.
Ingredients & nutrition
Weight: 135g (regular) / 200g (extra-large)
Calories: 465kcal (regular) / 695kcal (extra-large)
Water usage: 350ml (regular) / 500ml (extra-large)
Ingredients: TVP mince (soya beans, caramel), beans (haricot, borlotti, adzuki), potato, onion, tomato ketchup (tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, salt, spices, celery), black treacle, tomato puree, garlic, tabasco (vinegar, red pepper, salt), ginger, rapeseed oil, mustard powder, salt, pepper.
Allergens: Soya beans, mustard
|Per 100g||Regular (135g)||Extra large (200g)|
|of which saturates||0.3g||0.4g||0.6g|
|of which sugars||22.7g||30.7g||46.1g|