Chilli con Carne and Rice
Slow-cooked British beef with fruity ancho and smoky chipotle chillies, red peppers and kidney beans in a warmly-spiced tomato sauce. With long grain rice.
Chilli con Carne is that classic one-pot dish. With smoky beef, soft beans and a gentle chilli heat, this meal is warming in even the coldest of climates. We cook our beef slowly, adding paprika, cumin and sweet tomatoes to provide some serious depth of flavour. With crunchy red pepper, nutty red kidney beans and a subtle spice hit from ancho and chipotle chilli, our one-pot wonder tastes just the way we need it to after a long hike. A South American classic from a barn in Dorset – made for your next adventure.
How do you prepare Firepot Food pouches?
You just add boiling water! The two types of packaging require slightly different approaches.
- Meals in the brown 100% compostable packaging need to be emptied into a pot for rehydration. To rehydrate, add water, bring to the boil and leave to stand. Do not try to rehydrate in the brown packs, as they’ll start breaking down immediately!
- Meals in the yellow foil packaging can be rehydrated directly. Simply open the pouch, add boiling water up to the mark, give it a stir and leave to stand.
Firepot Food: Tasty, ethical, dehydrated meals from Dorset
Firepot food is quite simply the best dehydrated food we’ve ever tasted. Moreover, it challenges pre-conceptions about how dehydrated backpacking food is made, what ingredients go into it and even how it’s packaged.
Firepot Food is:
- hand-cooked by chefs in small batches
- made from 100% natural ingredients (many of which are local)
- dehydrated after cooking, not freeze-dried
- available in fully compostable packaging
- free from palm oil & artificial additives, and is lactose free.
Although we’re really into eating wild and hiking simply, sometimes it’s great to have a wholesome meal with you on a long hike which requires nothing but boiling water. This is why we are so delighted to have Firepot pouch food on our shelves. Firepot is a company that shares our ethos, and is based a few miles from our office – fuelling expeditions the world over.
Ingredients & nutrition
Weight: 135g (regular) / 200g (extra-large)
Calories: 600kcal (regular) / 890kcal (extra-large)
Water usage: 400ml (regular) / 600ml (extra-large)
Ingredients: Beef mince (27%), tomatoes, rice, onion, red kidney beans, red pepper, garlic, fresh chillies, tomato puree, rapeseed oil, ancho chillies, beef stock concentrate, red wine vinegar, salt, cumin seeds, cumin powder, chipotle chillies, paprika, bay leaves, cinnamon, chilli powder, citric acid
|Per 100g||Regular (135g)||Extra large (200g)|
|of which saturates||5.0g||6.7g||10.0g|
|of which sugars||5.5g||7.4g||11.0g|