10am - 6pm. Saturday 10 May 2014
Near Beaminster, West Dorset, DT6
£55 / £65 including tuition, gear and hot supper!
Fascinated by fire but want to find out more about how to make it work for you? This one-day course will take you on a journey through the meaning, practice and science of fire, with plenty of opportunity for hands-on activities including:
- identifying and collecting suitable fuels in a woodland
- fire-lighting using bow drill, flint strikers and compression techniques
- making tinder cloth
- the art of tending fires effectively and basic cooking techniques
- understanding the scientific principles that underlie harnessing wood's abundant energy efficiently and cleanly
- using a wide range of improved stoves, including rocket stoves, woodgas stoves, fan-assisted stoves.